makes enough for 2 pies, I could not fit all into one 9 inch crust. Freeze one for later!!!
Double Crust Chicken Pot Pie
One of my kids favorite recipes! Bake one now and freeze the other filling for another day. Perfect for chilly fall nights!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 skinned, boned chicken breast halves cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter melted
- 1 cup(s) celery chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) frozen peas and carrots thawed
- 1 cup(s) peeled potato chopped
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon(s) water
- 10 3/4 ounce(s) cream of mushroom, undiluted
- 1 cup(s) cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup(s) sour cream
- 2 ready made pie pastry
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon(s) milk
- -Cook chicken and onion in butter in a large skillet over med high heat, stirring constantly, until chicken in browned and onion is tender.
- -Stir in celery and next 7 ingredients. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 min. Discard bay leaf.
- -Combine cornstarch and 2 tbsp water stirring until smooth, add to chicken mixture. Bring to a boil over med heat stirring constantly.
- -Remove from heat, mix soup, cheese and sour cream in a large bowl, fold into chicken mixture
- -Fit pastry in ungreased 9 inch pie pan. Spoon 1/2 chicken mixture into pastry. Repeat for 2nd pie or freeze filling for another time.
- -Cover with 2nd crust, seal edges, cut slits to vent.
- -Combine egg yolk and milk, brush over pastry.
- -Bake at 40 for 35 min.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kellye and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note