Double Crunch Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoon(s) ground ginger
- 2 tablespoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground thyme
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground sage
- 2 tablespoon(s) paprika
- 1 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- NOTE: This flour and spice dredge mix is sufficient for two batches of this chicken recipe. You can store the leftover mix in a Ziploc bag in the freezer for the next time you make this recipe...and there will be a next time.
- Make an egg wash by whisking together:
- 4 eggs
- 8 tbsp water
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then dip the meat in the flour and spice mixture. Dip the breast into the eggwash and then a final time into the flour and spice mix, pressing the mix into the meat to get good contact.
- Heat a skillet on the stove with about a half inch of canola oil covering the bottom. You will want to carefully regulate the temperature here so that the chicken does not brown too quickly. The thinness of the breast meat practically guarantees that it will be fully cooked by the time the outside is browned. I find just below medium heat works well. I use a burner setting of about 4 1/2 out of 10 on the dial and fry them gently for about 4 or 5 minutes per side until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain on a wire rack for a couple of minutes before dipping the cooked breasts into the Honey Garlic Sauce. Serve with noodles or rice.
- Double Crunch Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts189K+
- Honey Garlic Sauce
- In a medium saucepan add
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 – 4 cloves minced garlic
- Cook over medium heat to soften the garlic but do not let it brown. Add:
- 1 cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce (low sodium soy sauce is best)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Simmer together for 5-10 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes. Watch this carefully as it simmers because it can foam up over the pot very easily.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by hmscarlst5 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Double Crunch Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes