Double Crisp Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 Large boneless chicken breasts pounded down to 1/2 in thickness
- 2 cup(s) Flour
- 4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 teaspoon(s) Black pepper
- 3 tablespoon(s) Ground Ginger
- 2 tablespoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon(s) Ground thyme
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground sage
- 2 tablespoon(s) paprika
- 1 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 4 eggs
- 8 tablespoon(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3-4 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 cup(s) honey
- 1/4 cup(s) soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then dip the meat in the flour and spice mixture. Dip the breast into the eggwash (4 eggs & 8 tbsp water) and then a final time into the flour and spice mix, pressing the mix into the meat to get good contact.
- Heat a skillet on the stove with about a half inch of canola oil covering the bottom. You will want to carefully regulate the temperature here so that the chicken does not brown too quickly. The thinness of the breast meat practically guarantees that it will be fully cooked by the time the outside is browned. I find just below medium heat works well. I use a burner setting of about 4 1/2 out of 10 on the dial and fry them gently for about 4 or 5 minutes per side until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain on a wire rack for a couple of minutes before dipping the cooked breasts into the Honey Garlic Sauce. Serve with noodles or rice.
- Honey Garlic Sauce
- In a medium saucepan add:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 – 4 cloves minced garlic
- Cook over medium heat to soften the garlic but do not let it brown. Add:
- 1 cup honey
- ¼ cup soya sauce (low sodium soya sauce is best)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Simmer together for 5-10 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes. Watch this carefully as it simmers because it can foam up over the pot very easily.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Supermom7738 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note