This is super tasty! However I did something different, instead of adding granulated sugar to the whipping cream, I added coconut cream simply cause I don't really like the plain flavor the normal whipping cream has and love making variations out of it. I did this pie twice, first time with the cookie crust and the second with pie dough, the first one is waaay better.
Double Citrus Tart
More From Southern Living
Bake: 25 Minutes
Chill: 4 Hours
- 1 1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Garnishes: fresh mint leaves, lemon and orange slices
- Stir together first 4 ingredients. Press mixture evenly into a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom; set aside.
- Whisk together sweetened condensed milk, orange juice concentrate, lemon juice, and egg yolks until blended.
- Beat egg whites at medium speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form; fold into condensed milk mixture. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 325° for 20 to 25 minutes or just until filling is set. Remove to a wire rack, and let cool completely. Cover and chill at least 4 hours. Remove tart from pan, and place on a serving dish.
- Beat whipping cream and granulated sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Dollop around edges of tart; garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This