Double Chocolate Pudding
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 549
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated fat: 16g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 64g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 275mg
- Sodium: 230mg
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Chocolate shavings, optional
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, granulated sugar, flour and salt until well blended. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Whisk about 1 cup hot mixture into eggs. Slowly pour egg mixture into saucepan, whisking constantly. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until very thick, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Spoon 2 1/2 cups hot pudding into medium bowl; stir in semisweet chocolate until smooth. Add white chocolate to remaining pudding in saucepan; stir until smooth. Let cool for about 30 minutes, whisking each puddings occasionally to keep a skin from forming.
- Spoon half of semisweet chocolate pudding into a 6-cup, straight-sided glass bowl; refrigerate for 10 minutes. Top with white-chocolate pudding; refrigerate for 10 minutes. Spoon remaining chocolate pudding on top. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- Whip heavy cream and confectioners' sugar until mixture is stiff. Spoon on top of pudding and sprinkle with chocolate shavings, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note