Love these cupcakes! The orange flavor is very nice and the cupcakes turned out great! I made the orange buttercream frosting but didn't drizzle additional chocolate on top...they were already rich enough without it. Will definitely make again because it is quick and delivers a great result.
Double Chocolate-Orange Cupcakes With Orange Buttercream Frosting
Yield: Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cupcakes
More From Southern Living
Bake: 18 Minutes
- 1 (12-oz.) package NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semisweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 (18.25-oz.) package German chocolate cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Orange Buttercream Frosting
- 1. Microwave 1 cup chocolate morsels in a 2-cup glass measuring cup at HIGH 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- 2. Beat cake mix and next 3 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer until moistened. Increase speed to medium, and beat 1 to 2 minutes or until well blended and smooth. Add melted chocolate and vanilla, beating until blended. Spoon batter by 1/4-cupfuls into paper baking cups in muffin pans.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 16 to 18 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks. Spread Orange Buttercream Frosting evenly over cupcakes.
- 4. Place remaining chocolate morsels in a 1-qt. zip-top plastic freezer bag; seal bag. Microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 45 seconds to 1 minute, turning bag over after 30 seconds. Squeeze chocolate in bag until smooth. Cut a tiny hole in 1 corner of bag. Pipe melted chocolate over Orange Buttercream Frosting on cupcakes by gently squeezing bag.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This