Double chocolate gooey butter cakes
Community Recipe from
- 2 stick(s) Butter
- 18 1/4 ounce(s) Pkg chocolate cake mix
- 3 whole(s) Eggs
- 1-8oz package(s) cream cheese Softened
- 3-4 tablespoon(s) Cocoa powder
- 1-16oz box(es) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) Vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) Nuts Chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, 1 egg, &1 stick melted butter, & stir until well blended. Pat mixture into prepared pan & set aside.
- In a stand mixer,or witha hand mixer beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the remaining 2 eggs, & cocoa powder. Lower the speed of mixer, & add powdered sugar. Continue beating until ingredients are well mixed. Slowly add the remaining 1 stick of melted butter, & the vanilla, continuing to beat the mixture until smooth. Stir in nuts with a rubber spatula. Spread filling over cake mixture in pan. Bake 40 -50 minutes. Be careful not to overlook the cake. The center should be still a little gooey when finished baking. Let cake partially cool on a wire rack before cutting into pieces.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by szbick and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Double chocolate gooey butter cakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
More Recipes for Main Dishes