Double-Chocolate Cream Tart
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 266
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 9.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 7.8g
- Carbohydrate: 36.1g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 161mg
- Calcium: 94mg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, divided
- 3/4 cup Dutch process or unsweetened cocoa, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- Cooking spray
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 6 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (about 2/3 cup), softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 1/2 cups frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine 1/4 cup flour, ice water, and 1 teaspoon vanilla, stirring with a whisk until well-blended; set aside. Combine 3/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup cocoa, sugar, and salt in a bowl; cut in shortening with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add ice water mixture; toss with a fork until moist and crumbly (do not form a ball). Gently press mixture into a 4-inch circle on heavy-duty plastic wrap; cover with additional plastic wrap. Roll dough, still covered, into a 13-inch circle. Place dough in freezer 30 minutes or until plastic wrap can be easily removed.
- Remove top sheet of plastic wrap; fit dough, uncovered side down, into a 10-inch round removable-bottom tart pan coated with cooking spray. Remove remaining sheet of plastic wrap. Fold edges under; flute. Pierce bottom and sides of dough with a fork; bake at 350° for 4 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Place tart pan on a baking sheet; set aside.
- Beat 1/2 cup cocoa and milk at medium speed of a mixer until blended. Add cheese; beat well. Add 2 teaspoons vanilla, egg, and egg white; beat just until smooth. Pour mixture into crust; bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until set. (Do not overbake.) Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spread whipped topping over tart; sprinkle with chopped chocolate.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Double-Chocolate Cream Tart Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts