- 1.3 ounces white rice flour (about 1/4 cup)
- 1.15 ounces brown rice flour (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate minichips, divided
- 1/4 cup non-dairy buttery spread (such as Earth Balance)
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Cooking spray
- calories 71
- fat 4.1 g
- satfat 1.9 g
- monofat 1.6 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 1 g
- carbohydrate 9 g
- fiber 0.8 g
- cholesterol 12 mg
- iron 0.6 mg
- sodium 36 mg
- calcium 11 mg
How to Make It
Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, cocoa, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk.
Combine 1/2 cup chocolate minichips, buttery spread, unsweetened chocolate, and coffee granules in a small saucepan; cook over medium-low heat 4 minutes or until chocolate melts, stirring until mixture is smooth and creamy. Remove from heat; cool 10 minutes. Stir in vanilla.
Place sugar and eggs in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add chocolate mixture; beat until blended. Add flour mixture; beat until just blended. Fold in 1/4 cup chocolate minichips. Cover and chill 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Lightly coat hands with cooking spray; shape dough into 30 (1-inch) balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Flatten cookies slightly with hand. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges look cooked. Cool 2 minutes on pans. Remove cookies from pans; cool on wire racks.