This is a rich, yummy cookie, though the batter seemed a bit dry so I added apple sauce and they came out very moist and delicious.
Double Chocolate Chunk-Peanut Cookies
Peanut butter cookies get a boost with lots of peanuts, chocolate chunks, and cinnamon.
More From Southern Living Cooking School
Bake: 14 Minutes
Cool: 2 Minutes
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 (10-oz.) bag dark chocolate chunks
- Beat shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add peanut butter and sugars, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Whisk together flour and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in 1 cup peanuts and chocolate chunks.
- Shape dough into 2-inch balls (about 2 tablespoons dough each). Place on ungreased baking sheets, and flatten slightly.
- Bake, in batches, at 375° for 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pan 1 to 2 minutes; remove to a wire rack.
Store extra cookies in an airtight container up to one week or freeze up to three weeks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note