- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 (10-oz.) bag dark chocolate chunks
How to Make It
Beat shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add peanut butter and sugars, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
Whisk together flour and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in 1 cup peanuts and chocolate chunks.
Shape dough into 2-inch balls (about 2 tablespoons dough each). Place on ungreased baking sheets, and flatten slightly.
Bake, in batches, at 375° for 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pan 1 to 2 minutes; remove to a wire rack.
Store extra cookies in an airtight container up to one week or freeze up to three weeks.