Followed the recipe exactly. Everyone loved these with and without the ganache. Oh, I did use dark chocolate in the ganache. Very rich!
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies with Bourbon Ganache
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies are decadent enough, but sandwich them between a Bourbon Ganache and this chocolate chip cookie has been elevated to new heights.
More From Southern Living
Total: 5 Hours, 48 Minutes
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-oz.) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- Parchment paper
- Bourbon Ganache
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Add vanilla, beating until blended.
- 2. Combine flour and next 2 ingredients in a small bowl; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in morsels just until combined. Drop dough by level spoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets, using a small cookie scoop (about 1 1/8 inches).
- 3. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheets to wire racks, and cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- 4. Spread Bourbon Ganache on flat side of half of cookies (about 1 Tbsp. per cookie); top with remaining cookies. Cover and chill cookies 2 hours or until ganache is firm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note