Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep and Cook Time: about 30 minutes, plus 1 hour to chill. Notes: Debbie Dahlin of Hilmar, California, came up with these rich, chewy cookies, which she says are "chocolate therapy." You can store these cookies airtight for up to 2 days.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 118
- Calories from fat: 50%
- Protein: 1g
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 76mg
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz.)
- 1. In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water (bottom of bowl should not touch water), stir chopped chocolate and butter often until smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove bowl from over water and, with a whisk or a mixer on medium speed, beat in sugar, egg, and vanilla until blended.
- 2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add to chocolate mixture and stir until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and chill dough until firm, about 1 hour.
- 3. Drop dough in 1-tablespoon portions, 3 inches apart, onto buttered 12- by 15-inch baking sheets.
- 4. Bake in a 350° oven just until cookies are set at the edges, 7 to 10 minutes; if baking more than one pan at a time, switch pan positions halfway through baking.
- 5. Let cookies cool for 5 minutes on sheets, then use a wide spatula to transfer to racks to cool completely.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per cookie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note