Great cookie. However the minuses are the following: A bit too sweet Lacks depth of chocolate flavor So, the next time I will reduce powdered sugar to 1/3 cup and add a tablespoon of instant coffee. But I loved the texture. It's soft and chewy.
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 64
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 1.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 0.9g
- Carbohydrate: 11.8g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 13mg
- Calcium: 19mg
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate mini-morsels, divided
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons light-colored corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl; stir well, and set aside.
- Combine 3/4 cup chocolate morsels and oil in a small saucepan; cook over low heat until chocolate melts, stirring constantly. Pour the melted chocolate mixture into a large bowl, and let cool 5 minutes. Add brown sugar, corn syrup, water, vanilla extract, and egg whites to chocolate mixture; stir well. Stir in flour mixture and remaining chocolate morsels.
- Drop dough by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Let cool 2 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pans; let cool on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Double-Chocolate Chews Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Cookies