Double-Chocolate Cheesecake With Praline Nut Topping
While this cheesecake's crunchy praline topping may have initially caught your attention, it's the surprise inside you'll love--a touch of cinnamon in the crust and a wonderful chocolate swirl.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 8 Hours
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 12 crackers)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped white chocolate baking bars, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup (6-ounce package) semisweet chocolate morsels, melted
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Stir together first 4 ingredients; press crumb mixture evenly into bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and salt at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Add sour cream and vanilla, beating just until smooth.
- Divide batter in half; fold white chocolate and almond extract into 1 portion. Pour into prepared crust. Fold semisweet chocolate into remaining half of batter. Drop chocolate batter evenly over white chocolate layer; gently swirl with a knife to create a marbled effect.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until almost set. Remove pan from oven, and run a knife around edge of pan to loosen sides. Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine brown sugar, pecans, and butter in a small bowl. Sprinkle over cooled cheesecake. Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Store in refrigerator.
- Tip: A little swirling goes a long way. If you're looking for the perfect marbled effect, don't overwork your batter. Too much swirling will cause a muddy look rather than the distinct color contrast you're looking for.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Double-Chocolate Cheesecake With Praline Nut Topping Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This