This was very chocolaty and rich. I used a previous reviewer's suggestion to use double stuffed Oreos for the crust. Great tip! For some reason mine had a slightly mocha-like taste. It was well received and will be made again.
Double Chocolate Cheesecake
This double chocolate cheesecake is rich, decadent, and a perfectly indulgent way to end a dinner party.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
Stand: 30 Minutes
Chill: 9 Hours
- 1 1/2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs (about 18 cookies)
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- Ganache Topping
- Press cookie crumbs into bottom and halfway up sides of a 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
- Microwave chocolate morsels in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring at 30-second intervals.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, beating at low speed just until combined. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating at low speed just until combined after each addition. Add melted chocolate, beating just until combined. Pour cheesecake batter into prepared crust.
- Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 5 minutes or just until center is set. Turn oven off. Let cheesecake stand in oven 30 minutes with oven door closed. Remove cheesecake from oven; run a knife along outer edge of cheesecake, and cool in pan on a wire rack until room temperature. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Remove sides of springform pan, and place cake on a serving plate. Slowly pour and spread warm Ganache Topping over top of cheesecake, letting it run down sides of cheesecake. Chill 1 hour before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note