I have made this recipe at least 50 times. It is my favorite brownie recipe! Almost everyone I have shared these brownies with comments "These are the best brownies I've ever eaten!" I often sprinkle the top of the brownie batter with white chocolate & milk chocolate chips in addition to the semi-sweet called for in the recipe.
Double Chocolate Brownies
More From Southern Living
Bake: 40 Minutes
- 2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped, toasted pecans
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- Microwave chocolate squares in a small microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) for 30-second intervals until melted (about 1 1/2 minutes total time). Stir chocolate until smooth.
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Add melted chocolate, beating just until blended.
- Add flour and salt, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in vanilla, 1/2 cup pecans, and 1/2 cup chocolate morsels. Spread batter into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup pecans and 1/4 cup chocolate morsels.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Note: Freeze brownies in an airtight container up to 1 month.
- Double Chocolate Brownies With Caramel Frosting: Prepare Double Chocolate Brownies as directed. Melt 3/4 cup butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Stir in 2 cups sugar, 1/2 cup buttermilk, 12 large marshmallows, 1 tablespoon light corn syrup, and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 20 to 25 minutes or until a candy thermometer registers 234° (soft-ball stage). Remove from heat, and pour mixture immediately into a large mixing bowl. Beat mixture with an electric mixer at high speed 5 minutes or until mixture thickens and begins to lose its gloss. Spread Caramel Frosting evenly over brownies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note