These cookies are time consuming to make BUT they are incredibly delicious! I made them for my son's high school graduation party and they were gone before the night concluded--and I made 2 batches!
Double-Chip Peanut Butter-Granola Cookies
More From Southern Living
Chill: 2 Hours
Bake: 10 Minutes
Cool: 5 Minutes
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups granola with almonds
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 (10-ounce) package peanut butter morsels
- 1. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugars, beating until smooth. Add peanut butter and vanilla, beating until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- 2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in granola and morsels; cover and chill 2 hours.
- 3. Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls, and place the balls 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Note: For larger cookies, drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 18 to 20 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note