Dosa, what can be said more about that being a common south indian breakfast which is thoroughly enjoyed right from infants to seniors. Dosa is a gluten free breakfast recipe in case you are allergic to wheat. Dosa can be compared to a pancake that's made more often with the combination of rice and white lentils. None can resist this dish with a spicy hot chutney, sambar or any other non vegetarian curry.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) Idly rice
- 3/4 cup(s) White lentils(Urad dal)
- 1/2 cup(s) Rice Flakes/Beaten Rice/Poha(optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) Fenugreek seeds(optional)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) Salt
- Soak the idly rice in water for 5 to 6 hours or leave it overnight. Similarly soak the urad dal,poha and fenugreek seeds in water for few hours. Grind the rice separately and the urad dal, poha with fenugreek seeds separately to a thick consistency batter(pancake batter consistency) using a blender or grinder. Set it aside in a warm place because you got to get it fermented, the batter tends to raise from 1 inch to 2 inches depending upon the weather and the place where ever you reside. Add some salt and water to get the desired consistency.
- Now heat a skillet, grease it with some oil. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter on it spreading it evenly, pour some oil around the corner and flip the dosa. Dosa will turn little brown and crispy. This is just a plain dosa.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Sanscurryhouse and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note