Doro Wot Chicken
* spiced butter can be found at Ethiopian markets.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 3 limes
- 5 red onions chopped
- 4 tablespoon(s) spiced buttter* (can substitute plain butter) divided (2+2)
- 3 tablespoon(s) berbere powder
- 1/2 cup(s) dry red wine
- 4 clove(s) garlic thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fresh ginger grated
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 hard-cooked eggs peeled
- 1. Place chicken in large bowl; squeeze lime juice over it and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the onion in 2 TBSP butter until the onion is translucent.
- 3. Add 2 TBSP butter, berbere, wine, garlic, ginger, and water to the onion mixture. Bring to simmer and add chicken.
- 4. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, and adding more water if necessary, until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- 5. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add peeled eggs and cook until just heated through. Dust lightly with berbere powder and serve with injera bread or over rice.
- 498 calories per serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 8stringfan and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note