Doro Wot Chicken
Community Recipe from
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 3 limes
- 5 red onions chopped
- 4 tablespoon(s) spiced buttter* (can substitute plain butter) divided (2+2)
- 3 tablespoon(s) berbere powder
- 1/2 cup(s) dry red wine
- 4 clove(s) garlic thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fresh ginger grated
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 hard-cooked eggs peeled
- 1. Place chicken in large bowl; squeeze lime juice over it and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the onion in 2 TBSP butter until the onion is translucent.
- 3. Add 2 TBSP butter, berbere, wine, garlic, ginger, and water to the onion mixture. Bring to simmer and add chicken.
- 4. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, and adding more water if necessary, until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- 5. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add peeled eggs and cook until just heated through. Dust lightly with berbere powder and serve with injera bread or over rice.
- 498 calories per serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 8stringfan and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes