Dorado (Mahi Mahi) with Orange Beurre Blanc Sauce
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 fresh limes
- 8 6 oz. Dorado filets
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) tequilla
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable or corn oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 cup(s) orange juice
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh cilantro very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter cut into cubes for sauce
- Microwave the limes in a small bowl for about 12 seconds to release essential oils. They will be hot coming from the microwave so set them aside until cool enough to handle. Season fish with salt and pepper and place in a zip lock bag for marinating. Squeeze the lime juice over fish and add rinds to the bag. Pour tequila into bag, seal and let marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- About 30 minutes before mealtime, prepare orange beurre blanc by combining orange juice and wine in a saucepan and simmering on medium heat until reduced by half the volume. Stir in heavy cream and 2 tablespoons butter, bring to a gentle simmer, and allow to reduce and thicken over low heat. Stir in cilantro and set aside briefly in a warm place.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large sauté pan and add 2 tablespoons butter. Sear marinated filets (flesh side first), leaving undisturbed for at least 2 to 3 minutes to allow the surface to begin to carmelize and prevent tearing of the fish. Flip over to sear the skin side. Allow to cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until flesh springs back when gently prodded. Remove to a serving dish or tray and pour the sauce over fish. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tarcher and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note