Dolvett Quince's Vegistrone
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 cup(s) fat free, sodium free chicken broth
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1 can(s) tomato sauce 15 oz
- 1 whole(s) bay leaf
- 1 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1 cup(s) celery chopped
- 1 cup(s) carrots chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 cup(s) cabbage chopped
- 1 cup(s) cauliflower chopped
- 2 cup(s) green bean frozen
- 2 cup(s) kale fresh; chopped
- Add the broth, water, tomato sauce, tomatoes and bay leaf to a large soup pan and cook over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, carrots and garlic. Cook everything together for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently until the veggies are tender.
- Add the cabbage, cauliflower and green beans. Cook them, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes. Simmer for another 20 to 25 minutes. Stir in the kale and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Discard the bay leaf. Spoon the soup into bowls and top each portion with one tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
- The soup will remain fresh in the fridge for four to five days, or in the freezer for up to six months.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by shannonlily2 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note