- 5 pounds yams or sweet potatoes, washed, pierced with fork
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup 100% DOLE® Canned Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
How to Make It
Place yams on foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 375ºF., for 60 to 90 minutes or until yams are tender when pricked with a fork. Cool slightly, peel and cut into chunks.
Spoon baked yams into large mixing bowl. Add margarine, pineapple juice, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Beat until fluffy. Stir in pineapple chunks.
Spoon mixture into lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Continue baking at 375ºF. for 15 minutes or until hot.