- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) pork sausage
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups chopped DOLE® Celery
- 1 cup chopped DOLE® Onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 8 cups sliced sourdough bread, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups frozen DOLE Tropical Gold® Pineapple Chunks
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup 100% DOLE® Canned Pineapple Juice
How to Make It
Crumble sausage into large skillet; cook over medium high heat until pork is completely browned. Drain sausage. Set aside.
Melt butter in skillet. Add celery, onion, oregano and sage cook 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Combine bread, cooked sausage, celery-onion mixture, pineapple, pecans, cranberries, parsley and pineapple juice in large bowl; mix well. Spoon into 3-quart casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray; cover.
Bake at 375ºF., 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Garnish with pineapple wedges or slices and fresh sage, if desired.