Dogwood Blossom Wedding Cake
Our Dogwood Blossom Cake is a melt-in-your mouth white cake with a smooth blackberry filling. From the fondant dogwood blossoms to the white satin frosting, this cake is clearly an elegant centerpiece for springtime receptions.
More From Southern Living
Freeze: 6 Hours
- 3 recipes Tiered Dogwood Blossom Cake
- Blackberry Filling
- 3 recipes White Satin Frosting
- Fondant Dogwood Blossoms
- 1. Prepare and bake 1 Tiered Dogwood Blossom Cake recipe. Repeat procedure for second 14-inch layer. Prepare and bake remaining recipe using directions in the note for 10-inch and 6-inch cake layers.
- 2. Cut domed top off each layer using a serrated knife.
- 3. Prepare Blackberry Filling.
- 4. Prepare 1 White Satin Frosting recipe. Repeat procedure twice.
- 5. Cover 1 (14-inch), 1 (10-inch), and 1 (6-inch) sturdy cardboard cake circle with aluminum foil.
- 6. Spread a small amount of frosting on 1 side of 14-inch circle; top with 1 (14-inch) cake layer. Spread 3 cups Blackberry Filling over cake layer, leaving a 1-inch border. Top with remaining 14-inch cake layer.
- 7. Cut 4 wooden craft sticks to height of 14-inch tier; insert vertically into cake tier, evenly spaced and level with top of tier, about 3 inches from sides.
- 8. Spread top and sides of cake with frosting, smoothing with a wet metal spatula. Chill up to 2 days, or freeze up to 2 months.
- 9. Assemble and frost 2 (10-inch) layers on cardboard circle as directed above, using 2 1/2 cups Blackberry Filling. Assemble and frost 2 (6-inch) layers on cardboard circle as directed above, using remaining 1 1/2 cups Blackberry Filling and omitting craft sticks. Chill up to 2 days, or freeze up to 2 months.
- 10. Position 10-inch tier in center of 14-inch tier; position 6-inch tier in center of 10-inch tier. Place cake on stand.
- 11. Fit a large decorating bag with tip #32 (Wilton). Fill bag with frosting. Pipe a shell border on the top and the bottom edge of each tier.
- 12. Pipe a large amount of icing on top of cake to secure Fondant Dogwood Blossoms. Attach remaining blossoms to cake with a small amount of frosting.
Purchase ready-to-use white rolled fondant for the dogwood blossoms and leaves. It's easy to work with and saves time on such a busy occasion.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note