One of the best, fun, entertaining recipes I've ever found. Delicious and a great way to use delicious Papaya's. What a taste treat to behold! Great for a dinner party of four. I bought a ready cooked chicken, shredded and froze until needed. A nice dessert such as a lemon curd, berry tart or individual baked Alaska's is all that's needed for a complete meal. Of course, a nice chardonnay is a great addition.
DIY Chicken Papaya Spring Rolls
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Kevin Crafts
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 501
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Protein: 24g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Carbohydrate: 68g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Sodium: 784mg
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- 4 ounces thin rice noodles
- 1 head butter lettuce, broken into leaves
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 papayas, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- About 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup purchased spicy peanut sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted salted peanuts
- 3 green onions, sliced into thin strips
- Lime wedges
- 12 large sheets rice paper*
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- 2. Arrange noodles and remaining ingredients on large platters and set out with a large bowl of boiling water so diners can dip their rice papers (about 1 minute to soften), then assemble their spring rolls.
- *Find at your grocery store's Asian foods aisle or an Asian market.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 3-roll serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note