One of the best, fun, entertaining recipes I've ever found. Delicious and a great way to use delicious Papaya's. What a taste treat to behold! Great for a dinner party of four. I bought a ready cooked chicken, shredded and froze until needed. A nice dessert such as a lemon curd, berry tart or individual baked Alaska's is all that's needed for a complete meal. Of course, a nice chardonnay is a great addition.
DIY Chicken Papaya Spring Rolls
Vietnamese spring rolls always make great light-dinner fare, but the assembly can be time-consuming. Here's our solution: Set out the ingredients and let guests make their own. They'll have fun playing with their food, and the cook won't get stuck with all the prep work.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 501
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Protein: 24g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Carbohydrate: 68g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Sodium: 784mg
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- 4 ounces thin rice noodles
- 1 head butter lettuce, broken into leaves
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 papayas, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- About 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup purchased spicy peanut sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted salted peanuts
- 3 green onions, sliced into thin strips
- Lime wedges
- 12 large sheets rice paper*
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- 2. Arrange noodles and remaining ingredients on large platters and set out with a large bowl of boiling water so diners can dip their rice papers (about 1 minute to soften), then assemble their spring rolls.
- *Find at your grocery store's Asian foods aisle or an Asian market.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 3-roll serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note