- 1 (15.8-oz.) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 medium-size plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 medium-size green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced*
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 30 Belgian endive leaves (about 3 bunches)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
How to Make It
Combine first 9 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Seal bag, and chill 24 hours; drain.
Spoon mixture into a bowl; stir in cilantro. Spoon about 1 rounded Tbsp. mixture into each endive leaf. Dollop with sour cream.
*2 1/4 tsp. finely chopped pickled jalapeño peppers may be substituted.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Bush's Blackeye Peas.