I have been making this recipe for a contest i enter every year. Everytime i make it the frosting hardens too much.Is there anything i can do to make the frosting better?
- 1 (7.2-ounce) package home-style fluffy white frosting mix
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (16-ounce) package powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- Place first 4 ingredients in a 4-quart mixing bowl. Beat at low speed with a heavy-duty electric mixer 1 minute or until mixture is blended. Beat mixture at high speed 3 to 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until blended. Stir in toasted pecans. Spread Divinity Frosting immediately on cake.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Betty Crocker Home Style Fluffy White Frosting Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note