I have been making this recipe for a contest i enter every year. Everytime i make it the frosting hardens too much.Is there anything i can do to make the frosting better?
- 1 (7.2-ounce) package home-style fluffy white frosting mix
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (16-ounce) package powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- Place first 4 ingredients in a 4-quart mixing bowl. Beat at low speed with a heavy-duty electric mixer 1 minute or until mixture is blended. Beat mixture at high speed 3 to 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until blended. Stir in toasted pecans. Spread Divinity Frosting immediately on cake.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Betty Crocker Home Style Fluffy White Frosting Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This