- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package mascarpone cheese
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained (optional)
- 16 ounces penne, cooked
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
How to Make It
Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add garlic, and sauté until tender. Add milk, and cook until thoroughly heated. Gradually stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and next 6 ingredients until smooth. Stir in spinach, if desired. Add pasta, tossing to coat; spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
Bake at 400° for 7 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.