Dirty Rice and Fried Chicken and Biscuits
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) Ground Beef
- 1 1/2 pound(s) Mild Sausage
- 1 whole(s) Onion Chopped
- 1/2 whole(s) Green Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) Minced Garlic
- 2 cup(s) White Rice
- 4 cup(s) Chicken Broth
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Cayenne Pepper
- 1 cup(s) Salt
- 1/4 cup(s) Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) Garlic Powder
- 3 whole(s) Eggs
- 1/3 cup(s) Water
- Hot Sauce
- 2 cup(s) Self Rising Flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) Black Pepper
- 2 pound(s) Chicken
- Peanut Oil
- 2 cup(s) Bisquit Baking Mix
- 1/2 cup(s) Light Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup(s) Sprite
- Season ground beef, In a large skillet, brown ground beef and sausage; drain off excess fat. Add onion, bell pepper and celery and saute until tender. Add rice and stir until coated with oil. Add broth, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook about 20 minutes, until rice has absorbed liquid. Sprinkle with green onion and serve.
- HOUSE SEASONING
- In a bowl Mix Salt, Black Pepper and Garlic Powder ingredients together and store left overs.
- In a medium size bowl, beat the eggs with the water. Add enough hot sauce so the egg mixture is bright orange. In another bowl, combine the flour and pepper. Season the chicken with the house seasoning. Dip the seasoned chicken in the egg, and then coat well in the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees F in a deep pot. Do not fill the pot more than 1/2 full with oil.
- Fry the chicken in the oil until brown and crisp. Dark meat takes longer then white meat. It should take dark meat about 13 to 14 minutes, white meat around 8 to 10 minutes.
- Mix Bisquick and sour cream with pastry blender.
- Stir in Sprite.
- Pat lightly on a floured surface.
- Cut out biscuits and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet at 400°F for 10-12 minutes. Brush with melted butter and enjoy.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by svazquez1984 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Dirty Rice and Fried Chicken and Biscuits Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes