Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 56 minutes. For this recipe, Matt and Ted give a classic Cajun dish a Lowcountry spin by adding okra.
Coastal Living NOVEMBER 2009
1. Combine okra and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
2. Heat oil in a 6-quart ovenproof Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sausage, and cook 6 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer sausage into bowl with okra using a slotted spoon.
3. Add livers to pan, adding more oil if pan is dry, and cook 4 minutes or until firm and cooked through. Add livers to okra mixture, and set aside.
4. Add onion and garlic to pan, adding more oil if pan is dry, and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until soft and golden brown.
5. Stir in remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, rice, and next 4 ingredients. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until rice and garlic are fragrant. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of pan. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and stir in reserved okra mixture.
6. Cover and bake at 375° for 35 to 40 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
Go to full version of