This was good. I used artichoke garlic chicken sausage and pre-made Cajun seasoning. I served with shrimp and Brussels sprouts.
Add more Cajun Spice Mix, a teaspoon at a time, if you enjoy spicy rice.
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 216
- Calories from fat: 15%
- Fat: 3.7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 8.5g
- Carbohydrate: 37.4g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 408mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- 4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons Cajun Spice Mix
- 12 ounces chicken and apple sausage, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Bring broth and bay leaves to a boil in a medium saucepan; add rice. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Discard bay leaves. Place rice in a large bowl.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion and next 5 ingredients (through garlic); sauté 7 minutes. Add sausage mixture and parsley to rice, tossing to combine.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note