Dinner Mac and Cheese
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour
- 1 (16-oz.) package uncooked cellentani (corkscrew) pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (10-oz.) block sharp white Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (3-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 2 cups coarsely chopped assorted roasted vegetables
- 1 1/4 cups crushed round buttery crackers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Prepare cellentani pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, melt 3 Tbsp. butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Gradually whisk in flour; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth; cook, whisking constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Whisk in 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese and next 3 ingredients until smooth. Remove from heat, and stir in ham, vegetables, and hot cooked pasta.
- 3. Spoon pasta mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Stir together crushed cracker crumbs and 2 Tbsp. melted butter; sprinkle over pasta mixture.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles