Used ground bison in place of beef and matzo crackers instead of saltines. I also used the new Pampered Chef single serving pan instead of a muffin tin. Read full review at http://www.dishoverdinner.com/2013/03/how-i-really-cook-with-toddler-in.html
Diner Meat Loaf 'Muffins'
Serve these delicious meatloaf muffins with steamed green beans and roasted potato wedges for an at-home version of a blue-plate special.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2 "muffins")
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 276
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 28.7g
- Carbohydrate: 21.7g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 131mg
- Iron: 3.9mg
- Sodium: 759mg
- Calcium: 48mg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ketchup, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef, extra lean (raw)
- 1 cup finely crushed fat-free saltine crackers (about 20)
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion, chopped carrot, dried oregano, and minced garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Cool.
- Combine onion mixture, 1/2 cup ketchup, and the remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a large bowl.
- Spoon the meat mixture into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Top each with 2 teaspoons ketchup. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes