This soup was very refreshing and enjoyed by all my guests. It is nice to have another cold soup to add to my collecdtion. I will definitely make this again.
Dilled Summer Soup
Yield: 9 cups
- 2 small leeks, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini or yellow squash, sliced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- Garnish: fresh dill sprigs
- Saute leeks in hot oil in a Dutch oven until tender. Add zucchini and broth. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Process mixture in batches in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Stir in half-and-half and next 3 ingredients. Chill at least 3 hours. Garnish, if desired.
- Prep: 20 min., Cook: 15 min., Chill: 3 hrs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews