- 2 small leeks, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini or yellow squash, sliced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- Garnish: fresh dill sprigs
How to Make It
Saute leeks in hot oil in a Dutch oven until tender. Add zucchini and broth. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
Process mixture in batches in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
Stir in half-and-half and next 3 ingredients. Chill at least 3 hours. Garnish, if desired.
Prep: 20 min., Cook: 15 min., Chill: 3 hrs.