Attachments: Bowl and dough hook
1. Place 2 cups all-purpose flour, rye flour, sugar, salt, yeast, caraway seed, dill seed and dill weed in large bowl of the KitchenAid® Stand Mixer with dough hook attachment. Turn to low speed and mix 15 seconds.
2. Combine water, milk and butter in saucepan. Heat over low heat until liquids are very warm (120°F to 130°F).
3. Turn mixer to low speed and gradually add warm liquids to flour mixture, taking about 1 minute. Continue mixing for 1 minute longer. Add remaining flour, 1⁄2 cup at a time, until dough clings to hook and cleans sides of bowl. Knead on low speed for 2 minutes longer. Transfer dough to a greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm place, free from draft, about 20 minutes.
4. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a slightly flattened ball and place on greased baking sheet. Cover; let rise in warm place, free from draft, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
5. With a sharp knife make 4 slashes in tic-tac-toe pattern on each loaf. Beat egg white and water together with a fork. Brush each loaf with mixture and sprinkle with sesame seed. Bake at 375°F for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from baking sheets immediately and cool on wire racks.
Tip: For an attractive thick crust, brush tops of loaves with beaten egg white and water. For a softer crust with a rich golden color, brush with lightly beaten whole egg, or one egg yolk, beaten with 1 to 2 tablespoons water or milk, just before baking.
To purchase the KitchenAid® products used in this recipe, please visit www.shopkitchenaid.com