- 30 to 40 medium cucumbers, sliced lengthwise
- 7 sprigs fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons mixed whole pickling spices
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 quart vinegar
- 1 quart water
- Pack cucumbers into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/2-inch head space. Place a dill sprig in each jar. Set aside.
- Tie pickling spices loosely in a cheesecloth bag. Combine spice bag, sugar, salt, vinegar, and water in a large stainless steel saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Discard spice bag.
- Pour syrup over cucumbers, leaving 1/2-inch head space. Remove air bubbles. Cover with metal lids, and screw bands tight. Process in boiling-water bath 15 minutes.
- Note: Only garden-fresh cucumbers should be used.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers