- 1 (3- to 4-pound) boneless rib-eye roast or rump roast
- 1/2 cup Burgundy or other dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
How to Make It
Place roast in a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag. Combine wine and remaining ingredients; pour over roast. Seal bag; marinate in refrigerator 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
Remove roast from marinade, discarding marinade. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer, making sure it does not touch fat.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 145° (medium-rare) or 160° (medium). Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Note: Rib-eye roasts are also packaged as rib roasts.