Pretty good, pretty simple. Nice way to dress up broccoli. I used a rice steamer and it took closer to 10-12 minutes for the broccoli to be cooked. Pine nuts take about 2 minutes to cook, on high heat in a toaster oven, stirring after a minute. Watch them...they burn easily and quickly. That said, they really tie the dish together, so don't omit them.
Dijon, Thyme, and Pine Nut Broccoli
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 79
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Sodium: 76mg
- 12 ounces broccoli florets (5 cups raw)
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1. Arrange broccoli in a steamer. Steam, covered, 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Place broccoli in a large bowl.
- 2. Combine minced shallots, olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and chopped fresh thyme in a bowl; stir with a whisk. Add broccoli and pine nuts to oil mixture; toss.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note