Don't expect anything more than a standard smashed potato recipe from this one. Not bad but nothing to write home about. The only thing I changed was using Wegmans Shallot Thyme Finishing Butter instead of plain. If anything, this made the recipe better. I served this along side CL seared tenderloin and almond green beans both from the July issue. Unfortunately, this one will not become my new go to smashed potato recipe.
Dijon Smashed Potatoes
Photo: Randy Mayor; Stylist: Cindy Barr
For more pungent flavor, we stirred in Dijon mustard to easy-to-prepare Dijon Smashed Potatoes.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: about 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 178
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Sodium: 313mg
- 1 1/2 pounds quartered Yukon gold potatoes
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Steam potatoes, covered, 20 minutes or until potatoes are very tender. Place potatoes in a large bowl; add milk, chives, Dijon mustard, butter, salt, and pepper. Mash potato mixture with a potato masher until desired consistency.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note