This is such a great idea and my husband couldn't tell the difference!
Diet Coke Cake
Community Recipe from
- 1 box(es) cake mix any flavor
- 1 can(s) diet soda, any flavor
- Mix the dry cake mix with 10 - 12 oz diet soda. (do not use the egg or oil listed on the box) Spray a 9 X 12 cake pan (or cupcake tin) with non-stick spray and bake according to package instructions.
- Some have said an entire can of pop makes the coake TOO moist - 10 oz seems to be the least I've seen suggested.
- TIP: Make sure to let the cake cook completely before you try to cut it, because yiou aren' adding eggs, teh cake will be tender and can tear if you cut it while it's warm. Some people have started ading 2 egg whites to the mix. It doesn't raise the points any (less than 1 point) but they report tht the cake is firmer and raises better.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Linwaite and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Diet Coke Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings