I highly recommend letting this sit in the fridge overnight before serving. We tried this yesterday after 2 hours in the fridge, and I didn't really like it. Today, I like it much more after the flavors have blended. I also cut back a bit on the cornbread layers, so I would probably cut back on the dressing next time. It is very rich.
Dianne's Southwestern Cornbread Salad
This 5-star cornbread salad is the perfect dish for summer entertaining. Not only does it taste delicious, but this salad also looks gorgeous on the table.
Yield: Makes 10 to 12 servings
- 1 (6-ounce) package Mexican cornbread mix
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope buttermilk Ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 5 green onions, chopped
- Prepare cornbread according to package directions; cool and crumble. Set aside.
- Prepare salad dressing according to package directions.
- Layer a large bowl with half each of cornbread, lettuce, and next 6 ingredients; spoon half of dressing evenly over top. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients and dressing. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads