DIABETIC CREAMY LIMA BEANS
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 ounce(s) bacon cut into 1/2 inch pieeces
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeÃ±o pepper stemmed,seeded,minced
- 1 pound(s) dried lima beans soaked overnight & drained
- 6 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Louisiana Hot Sauce
- In a skillet, over medium-low heat, cook bacon until browned, but still moist. Add onion, garlic, jalapeño. Cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add beans and broth and bring to a boil Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, over very low heat 1 to 2 hours, or until beans are tender stirring occasionally. When beans are tender and creamy, season with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and hot sauce. Calories Per Serving: 159 Fat: 6g (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol: 12 mg, Sodium: 1703 mg, Carbohydrates: 14g, Fiber: 3g, Protein: 12g.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by myrnafields and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
DIABETIC CREAMY LIMA BEANS Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes