- 4 cups fresh dewberries
- 1 unbaked (10-inch) pastry shell
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
How to Make It
Place berries in pastry shell. Set aside.
Combine eggs, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 1/2 cup flour, and whipping cream in a medium mixing bowl; beat well. Pour mixture over berries.
Combine 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour and 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar in a small mixing bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle mixture over filling. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before serving.