Time: 40 minutes. A big, spicy scramble of eggs, hot pork sausage, vegetables, and chiles in which all the flavors remain distinct.
Yield: Serves 6
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 244
- Calories from fat: 63%
- Protein: 17g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Sodium: 463mg
- Cholesterol: 370mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped andouille sausage (about 6 oz.)
- 10 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 1/4 teaspoon red chile flakes, or to taste
- 6 ounces spinach, washed and thoroughly dried (about 2 qts.)
- Hot sauce
- 1. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, mushrooms, salt, and pepper, and stir often until onions are light golden, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Increase heat to medium-high, add sausage, and stir often until sausage has browned slightly and released some fat, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and 3 tbsp. water.
- 4. Reduce heat to medium and add garlic and chile flakes. Stir until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Add spinach to pan and toss with tongs until it has wilted, about 2 minutes. Transfer sausage-vegetable mixture to a bowl and wipe pan clean.
- 5. Add eggs to pan and scramble just until set, 4 to 5 minutes, then gently stir in sausage-vegetable mixture. Serve with hot sauce if you like.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This