- 2 1/2 pounds uncooked chorizo sausages in natural casing
- 1 pound ground lean beef
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (7 oz. each) diced green chiles
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chiles
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups (12 oz.) ale or other hearty beer
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) yellow hominy, drained
- calories 512
- caloriesfromfat 54 %
- protein 27 g
- fat 31 g
- satfat 11 g
- carbohydrate 32 g
- fiber 6.6 g
- sodium 1523 mg
- cholesterol 90 mg
How to Make It
Squeeze sausages from casings into a 6- to 8-qt. pan over high heat; discard casings. Add beef, onions, and garlic. Stir occasionally over high heat, breaking sausages and beef into small pieces, until meat is browned and onion is soft, about 10 minutes. Spoon off and discard fat.
Add green chiles, chili powder, chipotle chiles, oregano, and cumin. Cook, stirring, 1 minute.
Stir in tomatoes, ale, and hominy. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt to taste.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.