- 1 medium-size green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup sweet pickle relish, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 2 cups soft breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 (12-ounce) containers fresh Select oysters, drained
How to Make It
Sauté green pepper, onion, pickle relish, red pepper, and parsley in 1/2 cup butter in a large skillet until tender. Stir in 1 cup breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, egg, and oysters. Spoon evenly into 12 seashells or ramekins. Cover; chill at least 1 hour.
Sauté 1 cup breadcrumbs in remaining butter until lightly browned. Top oyster mixture with sautéed breadcrumbs; sprinkle with paprika. Place shells on baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes. Serve hot.