We left our eggs in the coloring liquid for extra time, but there's a membrane between the shell and the white that absorbs almost all of the color from the cracks. This membrane comes off with the shell...well, you can get it to stay and look awesome but it would take 10-15 minutes per egg to peel. Anyway, the actual color left over on the peeled egg sans membrane is VERY dim - any suggestions to get the color deeper - onto the egg-white itself?
Deviled Green Goblin Eggs
- 6 cups hot water
- 1 (0.3-ounce) bottle yellow liquid food coloring
- 1/2 (0.3-ounce) bottle blue liquid food coloring
- 1/2 (0.3-ounce) bottle green liquid food coloring
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 12 large unpeeled hard-cooked eggs, with shells cracked
- 1/2 cup instant potato flakes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; add eggs, and let stand 1 hour. Remove and drain on paper towels. Peel eggs to reveal pattern on whites.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise; carefully remove yolks. Mash yolks; stir in potato flakes and next 5 ingredients until blended.
- Spoon the yolk mixture evenly into egg white halves. Attach 2 halves, gently pressing together stuffed sides.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers