My husband says these are a five, and that he could eat them all by himself. Very flavorful, easy, and the paprika-dill-salmon slice combo garnish makes them very pretty. Make sure you stir your hard boiled eggs to center the yolks. I forgot to do this and you need all the room you can get to fit all the delicious stuffing.
Deviled Eggs with Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese
Hard-cooked eggs get dolled up with the classic combination of smoked salmon and cream cheese. If you're buying smoked salmon for a special occasion, set aside some for this hors d'oeuvre.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 15 Minutes
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons minced smoked salmon (about 1 oz.)
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions
- 3 tablespoons softened cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Garnishes: fresh dill, smoked salmon slivers, sweet paprika
- Place eggs and enough water to cover in a saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 15 minutes. Drain; return eggs to saucepan, and add enough cold water and ice to cover. Let cool. Remove shells from eggs, halve each egg lengthwise, and scrape yolks into a bowl. Reserve egg whites.
- Combine yolks, salmon, and next 7 ingredients, mashing with a fork until well blended. Spoon filling into reserved whites, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and refrigerate up to 2 days. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note